This page lists all planned Workshops & Explores starting from today.
Workshops are generally talks and practice on a specific topic that can be examined in depth over a three hour period.
Most workshops are held in the small hall at St. Mary’s Centre and will start at 09:15, doors open from 09:00. We will be finished by 12:00. There is a fee of £6 (members) or £10 (non-members), payable on the day, as a contribution to the hall hire costs.
Where a workshop is shown as starting at 10:00 then that workshop will be delivered using Zoom and is available to full club members only. Generally this is because the workshop is primarily about ‘on screen’ techniques and it makes it much easier for attendees to view the screen and make notes.
IMPORTANT: It is important to register your planned attendance at workshops. The presenters have a lot of preparation to do and so the club retains the right to cancel any workshop if there are not enough people registered.
Booking for each workshop is planned to open immediately after the running of the previous one or one month in advance whichever is the shorter period.
‘Explores’ are an opportunity to visit a specific, local, location to explore – with the support of other club members – what photographic opportunities the location offers and how to take advantage of them.
Each location is different so keep an eye out for the relevant details as the time approaches.
- Explore: Urban Environment at Amberly Museum on 15 October 2023 10:00
- Explore: Woodland Colours at Eartham on 4 November 2023 10:00
- Workshop: Getting to grips with your camera – Part 2 on 13 January 2024 09:00
- Explore: Dawn Beach colours on 13 February 2024 06:00
- Explore: Spring Colours Highdown on 6 April 2024 10:00
- Explore: Abstract at West Dean on 8 June 2024 09:30